I, Joy Kirr, am a middle school teacher, author, and speaker. My 7th grade ELA (English Language Arts) classes are working to improve their lives through student-directed learning - without marks throughout the year. This is a log of my learning experiences... Want to have me speak with your staff or facilitate a workshop? Here is my PORTFOLIO.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

One reason I click "block..."

"Who are those men on your phone?" Hubby asks.

A bunch of men... who can't (or don't) read - and this is just for the month of June.

We've got military men (I was already married to a Marine in my former life),

some who are just "cool"

or "humble..."

"simple and friendly" men who speak french,

"single" dads (some who have typos)...

"doctor" who happens to be sapiosexual (which I had to look up)...

some are already suspended because they violated a Twitter rule...

one who thinks my life should be "easy and soft..."

some who like to take selfies...

one who's from Italy and has got a son in the US...

one who must know me, as he can promise me that my "stomach may hurt from laughing much..."

guys who want me to love them more...

competing with this one with the "strength of a unicorn..."

This one is searching for a "truth and caring partner..." 
oh, and he must also love his job... 
um... and have two different names...
  

and "simple and honest" men looking for a "good soul mate."

I was going to post them all here, but 45 is quite a lot for one month. I started to, but it was taking too much time out of my summer to format them right, and I don't think these people (or are they bots??) are worth that time and energy. THIS is when I click "block" on Twitter, and these are the followers I think about when my students get so excited about the number of followers I have... I haven't seen them all to be able to block them all.

I wish they'd take the time to read Twitter bios as they're furiously clicking away - I specifically changed mine to say "enjoying my marriage to the fullest." Either way, they kind of make me chuckle, and they make for a different kind of blog post for me!

2 comments:

  1. Thankfully you can't see the ones that us men get. To their credit, Twitter has been doing a MUCH better job of filtering them out. I used to get them often, but now haven't had one in ... Wow. A YEAR OR MORE. My student-run account used to get them on occasion too, which makes me FURIOUS. So yes, blocking is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew! Sam, I'm glad Twitter is doing better. Now that you mention it, I used to get those nasty girly ones, too! How could I forget about those? I am so glad they've cleaned up their act a lot. ;)

      Delete

Thank you for adding to the conversation!