I, Joy Kirr, am a middle school teacher, author, and speaker. My 7th grade ELA (English Language Arts) classes are working to improve their lives through student-directed learning - without marks throughout the year. This is a log of my learning experiences... Want to have me speak with your staff or facilitate a workshop? Here is my PORTFOLIO.

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

What I Hope I Continue in 2021

I've got time to write today. How did that happen? It's winter break, and I've been leaving more work at work... something I hope continues in 2021. Here's a list I hope to add to as I think of more: 

  • Leave more work at work.
  • Breathe.
  • Be in the moment.
  • Continue to walk outside - when I'm frustrated/mad/sad... and when I'm not.
  • Keep the hard conversations going, even if it's at a different time.
  • Slow down.
  • Know it doesn't have to be perfect.
  • Keep lessons simple and organized.
  • Read more books written for adults.
  • Judge less.
  • Listen more.
  • Ask questions.
  • Give more to food banks.
  • Make more home-made gifts.
  • Enjoy the little things to the fullest... yes, even washing dishes.
  • Share more gratitude.
  • Make quality time for others.
  • Have ONE priority to guide all actions.
  • Sing loud and proud.
  • Do my part.

As for any parents reading this... I hope you continue with the Binny's gift cards for your children's teachers. 👍🏻 Hehehe!

What do YOU hope to continue in 2021?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the conversation!