I, Joy Kirr, am a middle school teacher, author, and speaker. My 7th grade ELA (English Language Arts) classes are working to improve their lives through student-directed learning - without marks throughout the year. This is a log of my learning experiences... Want to have me speak with your staff or facilitate a workshop? Here is my PORTFOLIO.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Yesterday in Genius Hour, we were forced to watch Caine's Arcade part 2!! Because of Caine's arcade there is a cardboard day and we discussed what we could do on cardboard day. Mrs. Kirr threatened to execute us if we left, guarded the door with an evil looking helmet on her head, and eyed us suspiciously. "Please Mrs. Kirr spare my life," We begged. The only good thing that happened is that we got iPads (5/6 only). We also watched a video about Dot Day in Mrs. Kirr's class and the activities we did. Submitted for your approval by Shane and Nick.

1 comment:

  1. Another good post. Great way to teach students about author's tone!! I love the video of Caine's Arcade. We won't be doing anything with cardboard on the day, but we'll create.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding to the conversation!