I, Joy Kirr, am a middle school teacher, author, and speaker. My 7th grade ELA (English Language Arts) classes are working to improve their lives through student-directed learning - without marks throughout the year. This is a log of my learning experiences... Want to have me speak with your staff or facilitate a workshop? Here is my PORTFOLIO.

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Quick Tip #4 - Student Choice

"Question of the Day" - I cut a sheet of magnet (that can go through the printer), ask students to write their names on them, and then have students answer the question each day...
**BONUS: This is also an easy check to see who's not in your class - which names haven't been moved?



2017 Update... I've since modified this SLIGHTLY... and here's the post where I share how I create quick magnet strips. Want to see more about the question of the day? Check out the Shift This blog posts about them here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the conversation!