I, Joy Kirr, am a middle school teacher, author, and speaker. My 7th grade ELA (English Language Arts) classes are working to improve their lives through student-directed learning - without marks throughout the year. This is a log of my learning experiences... Want to have me speak with your staff or facilitate a workshop? Here is my PORTFOLIO.

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Question of the Day - Magnetic Strips

I keep getting asked about how I use magnets with students' names...



And here is the original post with similar information. When I made this post in 2014, it must have been the year I transitioned from printed names (using the printer) to students writing their own names in a certain color for each class. As of 2017, students use the color of their choice. Some even choose to decorate this small space! They can also take their names home over the summer. If they bring them back the next school year, I let them in on the fun of answering the questions when they stop by to visit!

Please share with me what YOUR question of the day looks like in your class(es)!

Want to see more about the question of the day? Check out the Shift This blog posts about them here! More are sure to be added.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the conversation!