I, Joy Kirr, am a middle school teacher, author, and speaker. My 7th grade ELA (English Language Arts) classes are working to improve their lives through student-directed learning - without marks throughout the year. This is a log of my learning experiences... Want to have me speak with your staff or facilitate a workshop? Here is my PORTFOLIO.

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Day 100 - Hugs

Sunday, June 21 2020 - Father's Day

Since it's Day 100, I've seen lots of photos and videos with people without masks on, my sister and her family have been hugging my parents since Day 1, I miss my parents' hugs and I want to make Mom happy... I hugged Mom and Dad today.

You may think it's no big deal. I'm going to stop guessing at what people think these days. I'm so in the dark.

Then we are not the same in this regard, and that's okay. I am amazed (and yet I know I shouldn't be) at the differences in people lately. The widening gap between people who believe one thing and people who believe the other.

----------

In other news:

Maybe one in twenty people at Trump's indoor rally in OK last night had masks on.
The Confederate flag was banned at Nascar.
I am getting so beat down by this anti-racism training. It's so educational. I'm trying my best to blog about it here, and I feel as if I'm failing. I know it's a huge learning curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the conversation!