I, Joy Kirr, am a middle school teacher, author, and speaker. My 7th grade ELA (English Language Arts) classes are working to improve their lives through student-directed learning - without marks throughout the year. This is a log of my learning experiences... Want to have me speak with your staff or facilitate a workshop? Here is my PORTFOLIO.

Monday, June 22, 2020

Day 101 - Messes

News from today, Monday, June 22 2020...


          ...and they probably saved lives. Check out the ratio here of masked and unmasked patrons...


My mom is excited to hug me when she stops by tomorrow...

And then this.
What the???

And this.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nascar-drivers-stand-behind-bubba-wallace-after-noose-incident-n1231773
I don't know about you... but I think this is a mess. I think it's a good mess.

There's also this.
https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Kylin-Hill-boycott-Mississippi-State-football-Confederate-Flag-reaction-148434318/

I finished my anti-racist training today. I'm learning. I'm listening. I have guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the conversation!