I, Joy Kirr, am a middle school teacher, author, and speaker. My 7th grade ELA (English Language Arts) classes are working to improve their lives through student-directed learning - without marks throughout the year. This is a log of my learning experiences... Want to have me speak with your staff or facilitate a workshop? Here is my PORTFOLIO.

Monday, May 4, 2020

Day 52 - Lockers & Birthdays

Monday, May 4, 2020

My day:
     Look through and answer emails
     Team meeting from 10:00-10:30
     Get IBS thinking of going to school today
     Have a few nachos
     Head to school with my ID, mask, and gloves
     Empty lockers with other teachers
          Took a picture to send to a retired friend
     Head home to pick up Bob to go to my sister's house for three birthdays:
          Her husband and her two 14-year-olds
     Stayed at the party outside (47 degrees) for two hours mostly six feet apart.
     Came home, opened a drink
     Talked with each other
     Made spaghetti
     Watched "American Pickers"
     Washed dishes
     Practiced my Spanish (past tense now?!?!)
     Wrote this list

My emotions and I were on a wild ride today. I'm learning to recognize them for what they are, know that this loopy ride today won't come again for some time (if it sticks to the pattern), and get through it how I can. Shout out to John Krasinski for #SomeGoodNews - you helped me settle back down today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the conversation!