I, Joy Kirr, am a middle school teacher, author, and speaker. My 7th grade ELA (English Language Arts) classes are working to improve their lives through student-directed learning - without marks throughout the year. This is a log of my learning experiences... Want to have me speak with your staff or facilitate a workshop? Here is my PORTFOLIO.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Conferring

Notes after day of conferences on 3/16...
I wasn't here this day, and thought a great sub plan would be to send the kids to the LMC to read, research, blog, or participate in a one-on-one conference with either Mr. Hillmer, Mr. Goldstein, Mrs. Smith, or Miss DeTogne! What great resources! And they took notes in the Google Doc!

Email received from Mr. Goldstein afterwards...
"Loved conferencing with your kids 3/4 and 5/6. With Todd, Cessie and me, we hit every kid. Notes are updated on the Google form. Really enjoyed it! I'd be happy to help do it again."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the conversation!