I, Joy Kirr, am a middle school teacher, author, and speaker. My 7th grade ELA (English Language Arts) classes are working to improve their lives through student-directed learning - without marks throughout the year. This is a log of my learning experiences... Want to have me speak with your staff or facilitate a workshop? Here is my PORTFOLIO.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fun in the Classroom?

It's been an entire day since our presentation on Justn Bieber, and I need to reflect on it one more time. We had two other presentations yesterday as well, in another class. Greg read from a paper about Mohammad Ali, and had stellar pictures projected during his presentation. Christina presented on violence in science fiction "these days," and engaged the students by reading aloud various passages that were proof. Which class was more fun? What makes learning fun? Were all the kids learning, even though the presentations were so very different? Take a look at the following article, if you're still wondering about school "these days"... I think we are learning AND having fun, at the same time. Having Fun... A Prerequisite For Learning?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the conversation!