I, Joy Kirr, am a middle school teacher, author, and speaker. My 7th grade ELA (English Language Arts) classes are working to improve their lives through student-directed learning - without marks throughout the year. This is a log of my learning experiences... Want to have me speak with your staff or facilitate a workshop? Here is my PORTFOLIO.

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Day 13 - Weather Matters

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Waaaaaay back in December (a lifetime ago!), I wrote about Dr. Breithecker's ideas about sitting. Today, as we walked in the 51 degree muggy cloudy morning, I remember how he started out his session. He asked us how we feel if the weather is dark and gloomy when we wake up. Does our mood change if it's sunny and clear? YES. We're back in the dark today here in NE Illinois. Back in the gloom of this "new reality." The skies are dark, the rain is on it's way, and, well, it's sucky.

What I've done so far today:
Walked.
Talked with two friends and Mom & Dad.
Read some nonfiction.
Texted with my nephew.
Recorded myself reading a chapter of Craig & Fred for our students (we have permission).
Listened and learned from a webinar from Marc Brackett on regulating emotions at home.
Hugged Hubby lots.
Contemplated how there are so many more people in WAY worse spots than me.
Made a new Google Classroom banner for me and a friend.

Plans for the rest of the day:
Sing
Practice my banjo
Read some fiction.
Hug Hubby lots more.

Quotes from the Kirr household:

Bob: I feel like I'm living in an episode of "The Twilight Zone."

Joy: I should've brought my juggling balls home to practice.

Joy: Are people going to be sleeping in their cars on long trips (instead of hotels)?

Investment company advertisement: We can't predict what tomorrow will bring.
Bob: I bet it'll be kind of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the conversation!