I, Joy Kirr, am a middle school teacher, author, and speaker. My 7th grade ELA (English Language Arts) classes are working to improve their lives through student-directed learning - without marks throughout the year. This is a log of my learning experiences... Want to have me speak with your staff or facilitate a workshop? Here is my PORTFOLIO.

Friday, June 12, 2020

Day 91 - Retirement Get-Together

Friday, June 12 2020

Phew! I spent another three and a half hours outside with two friends again today. We celebrated one's retirement. How did I ever spend over eight hours in a school building if this time outside is exhausting to me?!

I think it might be the constant conversation. I'm not used to having to pay attention for so long all at one time. *Reminder to self: Build in brain breaks next school year!!

I'm glad we're having conversations - we have talked about how Black Lives Matter in each instance. The conversations sounded different, however, and they were good for me to hear and try to join in. It seems as if the opinions of people (well, me for sure) are very divided. I'm looking for some middle ground. Exhausting. And good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the conversation!