I, Joy Kirr, am a middle school teacher, author, and speaker. My 7th grade ELA (English Language Arts) classes are working to improve their lives through student-directed learning - without marks throughout the year. This is a log of my learning experiences... Want to have me speak with your staff or facilitate a workshop? Here is my PORTFOLIO.

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Days 80 & 81 - Mixed

Monday & Tuesday, June 1 & 2, 2020

I made Hot Milk Cake - part of the weekly challenges my teacher-friend Karen and I are doing.
It smelled like pound cake.
It's simply lovely to taste.
I was able to give some to Karen's family and my parents.

I also helped out at school today from 9-noon. We brought students' belongings and a summer reading book to their trunk, while picking up their textbooks, Chromebooks, etc.


Oh, this hair. :(
The day was dulled by the sadness in the air.

And then the kids started showing up on Instagram... I love to see them mature into young adults. They should be proud of themselves.






I have not been feeling like writing, as I just don't get why America is still so messed up. Why people can't just do good. Why it's taking so very long to be decent humans. Why - with all the beautiful stories from all around the world - are Americans so very biased still. I'm sorry, America. I am not without hope. I truly hope something beautiful comes from this.

Check out the Anti-Racist LiveBinder to see what we can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the conversation!