I, Joy Kirr, am a middle school teacher, author, and speaker. My 7th grade ELA (English Language Arts) classes are working to improve their lives through student-directed learning - without marks throughout the year. This is a log of my learning experiences... Want to have me speak with your staff or facilitate a workshop? Here is my PORTFOLIO.

Friday, May 15, 2020

Day 63 - Strange

Friday, May 15, 2020

First, thank goodness for the reminder on my laptop that tells me what day it is! Phew!

Second, I honked at another vehicle today. I was on my way to meet a friend to visit a friend, and this vehicle came from my right, crossing through the red light it had! I honked, because I couldn't believe it!  More and more things like that have been happening. On my way home, I saw a grandpa walking a double stroller though a very busy intersection (no light or stop sign, either)! Very strange things have been happening lately.

Third, my stomach. I know I'm gaining a little weight (I guess it's a different kind of stress than the one I had going through my divorce when I didn't eat anything at all...), but sometimes my stomach is in knots. Sometimes that feeling produces yuckiness, but most times it just feels like a cramping knot. My body has been known to react to stress in various ways, but this is a new one.

Fourth, I haven't had a migraine since we had to submit Q3 grades! This is a win.

Fifth, I can't believe it's Day 63! It's been NINE weeks!

Sixth, I'm so thankful for my friends.

Seventh, Even my ramblings are getting stranger. And I haven't changed a thing when it comes to habits! Bonkers.

Eighth, Hubby and I are outside. I'm writing this, and he's moving the purple coneflowers. How could we ask for more? I am so very privileged.

Ninth, I finished my genius hour project! I just need to mail them at the local post office tomorrow!! What's next? Postcards for my CURRENT students...

Tenth, I received a glow straw with a note to try to ramp up the end of the school year. I didn't know how this could be done, but I do know I'll try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the conversation!