I, Joy Kirr, am a middle school teacher, author, and speaker. My 7th grade ELA (English Language Arts) classes are working to improve their lives through student-directed learning - without marks throughout the year. This is a log of my learning experiences... Want to have me speak with your staff or facilitate a workshop? Here is my PORTFOLIO.

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Days 50 & 51 - Message from Taft

Saturday and Sunday, May 2-3, 2020

Hubby and I took a drive to Oregon, IL, to Lowden Miller State Park on Saturday. It's adjacent to the Lorado Taft Campus that I normally go to next week with seventh graders for an overnight outdoor education experience.

Our morning announcements for the school next week will include FlipGrid challenges for the kids. So... I took one one for myself - to climb 203 stairs.

Here's the video I made for our morning announcements:

(By the way, at the end, I'm not saying "stupid house." I'm saying "stoop at your house." We've got a ranch, so I could only use the stoop if I was looking for a stair.)

I hope I got a good message across!

When we got home, we were wiped and it was decided we had "too much sun." It was actually allergies. Oh, well. That's fine by me.

More photos from this visit:
This is a new development on one of the paths!

I've never seen the gate to Taft closed...

It was a beautiful day (before the cold rain came the next day).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the conversation!