I, Joy Kirr, am a middle school teacher, author, and speaker. My 7th grade ELA (English Language Arts) classes are working to improve their lives through student-directed learning - without marks throughout the year. This is a log of my learning experiences... Want to have me speak with your staff or facilitate a workshop? Here is my PORTFOLIO.

Friday, May 22, 2020

Day 70 - Social Distancing

Social Distancing Hacks shared by Terri Eicholz
My favorite social distancing "hack?" Stay away from other people. We did just so today.

We got out to Illinois State Beach...  Storms decimated the walking/biking path along the beach, and flooded the streets of the campground.
It was calm, not tons of people, and we enjoyed the quiet, listening to and looking for birds... If you know what that middle bird it (small blue heron?), please let me know. I can't find it in my book. The first two are egrets, there's a kildeer, a warbler of some sort, and a chickadee (they kept going into that hole and coming out with wood!
Is staying at home making me look older???







We needed the time "away." I'm exhausted, yet ready to work on school work tomorrow while it rains. Working from home does provide flexibility for me, which I relish.

Oh, and I finished one of this week's weekly challenges my teacher/friend Karen and I are doing:
"Kirrs" - letters found outside


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the conversation!