I, Joy Kirr, am a middle school teacher, author, and speaker. My 7th grade ELA (English Language Arts) classes are working to improve their lives through student-directed learning - without marks throughout the year. This is a log of my learning experiences... Want to have me speak with your staff or facilitate a workshop? Here is my PORTFOLIO.

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Day 27 - Spring

Thursday, April 9, 2020

I had a rough morning reading student work for two hours, and commenting in a Google doc. It was rough because no matter what they write, I'm bombarded with COVID-19 talk. Worries, annoyances (at friends who still go out), frustrations, anxiety, hopes... I think most of them think we'll be heading back to school May 1st. I don't know if anyone knows when we'll head back.

Anyway...

It IS spring in Illinois. It snowed on our walk today. We were still able to see these beauties...

And when I was coming home from Mom & Dad's, I saw none other than the Easter bunny on a flat bed truck! It was even waving!


I know, right?! This town I live in...

This morning, Bob found this frog (toad?) under leaves... I loved being able to being here for it, instead of just seeing a picture he took of it. His hand is there for scale.

I also heard this song on the radio today... Three days after we sang as a staff, and one week after Bill Withers died...

And a sign of the times... on Forged In Fire, check out the messages from the History channel:
Top: We Are Here With You       Bottom: Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, Stay Home
And in the middle of town at the crosswalks yesterday... I was actually glad I didn't have to use my shoulder to press the button.

Heading to Mom and Dad's today, I got so many green lights due to the light traffic. When this is all over, I may be calm and happy with traffic and red lights, knowing that many many people are out and enjoying life with others or even at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the conversation!