I, Joy Kirr, am a middle school teacher, author, and speaker. My 7th grade ELA (English Language Arts) classes are working to improve their lives through student-directed learning - without marks throughout the year. This is a log of my learning experiences... Want to have me speak with your staff or facilitate a workshop? Here is my PORTFOLIO.

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Day 45 - SEL

Monday, April 28, 2020

Mondays are reserved for SEL (social-emotional learning) these days. This is our second week of it, and I'm taking advantage of it today.

What I did for myself today:

  • Went on a walk after "team time" (virtual meeting)
  • Practiced a TikTok dance (part of a weekly challenge)
  • Played games on my phone
  • Read a chapter
  • Listened to part of an audio book
  • Brainstormed questions for the next #geniushour chat (I'm hosting in May)
  • Chatted on the phone with Mom and a friend
  • Studied the tulips coming in our front yard
  • Cleaned up a bit
  • Picked dandelions with Hubby
  • Planned a teeny bit for the week
  • Tried to curl my hair
  • Didn't write on this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the conversation!