I, Joy Kirr, am a middle school teacher, author, and speaker. My 7th grade ELA (English Language Arts) classes are working to improve their lives through student-directed learning - without marks throughout the year. This is a log of my learning experiences... Want to have me speak with your staff or facilitate a workshop? Here is my PORTFOLIO.

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Days 36 & 37

Updates:
  • Our favorite taco place has more safety protections in place.
  • Gasoline is about $1.79 per gallon.
  • Our (virtual) team meetings are down to twice a week.
  • Our lessons (at the middle school level) are down to twice a week.
  • I'm planning on my first Zoom meeting with one class later this week. It's time.
  • I watched a video about how to be safe with your groceries.
  • I've enjoyed watching "The Shows Must Go On" on Fridays or Saturdays.
  • Hubby and I are only doing one "exciting" thing per day. We've got to stretch out the activities.
  • A little more sci fi action in this post about Ford employees wearing social distancing bracelets that vibrate if you get too close...
  • We donated to the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
  • A student at our high school district has most likely died of COVID-19, and another is in ICU. I don't even have words.
-----

This weekend we fixed a geocache on a local trail. People were good about keeping distance, and they were also smiling and friendly.

We also purchased groceries. Weird how some (different) shelves are empty now. This week it was the instant noodles. I noticed this near the restrooms, too - the water fountains are covered.

We ordered small easy-to-care-for house plants online and we'll pick them up tomorrow from the nursery - curbside pickup! It's nice to look forward to the small things these days! (One Lily is for my parents... shhhhh!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the conversation!