I, Joy Kirr, am a middle school teacher, author, and speaker. My 7th grade ELA (English Language Arts) classes are working to improve their lives through student-directed learning - without marks throughout the year. This is a log of my learning experiences... Want to have me speak with your staff or facilitate a workshop? Here is my PORTFOLIO.

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Day 48 - "Get to"

Thursday, April 30, 2020

You HAVE TO do certain things...
You WANT TO do certain things...

What did you GET TO do today?

I got to... 

  • go for a walk
  • see the flooding of the Salt Creek
  • see three egrets, a big blue heron, purple martins, barn swallows, a red-winged blackbird
  • show gratitude
  • see my Peace Lily come back to life
  • go grocery shopping for us and my parents
  • meet with my team
  • see the sun come out this afternoon
  • visit my parents
  • surprise my parents with strawberries
  • make a tree face
  • make lots of cards for Senior graduates
  • listen to an audio book
  • make plans to visit a state park this weekend
  • talk with friends
  • make a video for one of my students
  • enjoy jokes sent by mom
  • create questions so I can host May's #geniushour chat
  • count the cars on A.H. Road (my five minute fix)
  • have Hawaiian rolls with Land O' Lakes butter
  • wash dishes with my husband
  • have great laughs with my sister regarding the "contactless" birthday party she's hosting for her kids and husband Monday


Perspective.


Scenes from today:

  • My plant is alive again! (We re-potted it last night. It was soooo droopy!)
  • They don't have graduation cards at Meier. They still have Easter and St. Patrick's Day cards.
  • The blue heron seen on our walk...
  • The first discarded mask I've seen.

  
   
   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the conversation!