I, Joy Kirr, am a middle school teacher, author, and speaker. My 7th grade ELA (English Language Arts) classes are working to improve their lives through student-directed learning - without marks throughout the year. This is a log of my learning experiences... Want to have me speak with your staff or facilitate a workshop? Here is my PORTFOLIO.

Friday, April 24, 2020

Day 42 - Zoom

Friday April 24, 2020

I finally saw some students today via Zoom.

I was nervous as all heck, and yet knew it would only be about four (turned out to be nine) students. I had my co-teacher there with me, and she helped with some of the awkward pauses. I'm glad we met! It was good to see smiles and frowns, and confusion, and pets, and... I was finally able to get some genuine real-time feedback from my students.

Ahhh...

Zoom and Google have been used a ton recently - thank goodness for the use of this technology and for the Internet. That being said, it's exhausting! I read this article yesterday, and it's so true.

We ended the conversation with sharing what we're looking forward to this coming weekend. Believe it or not, it IS the weekend coming up.

And, of course, I saw this meme:

And I'm okay with goofy hair on the Zoom... maybe that will be our fun share with the next class!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the conversation!